Kuwait Takes the Helm of CTF 152

first_imgBack to overview,Home naval-today Kuwait Takes the Helm of CTF 152 View post tag: Kuwait View post tag: News by topic View post tag: Navy Share this article The Royal Saudi Naval Forces have handed over command of the Combined Maritime Forces (CMF), Combined Task Force (CTF) 152 to Kuwait.The ceremony, held in Bahrain, saw Captain Suliman Al-Enazi transfer command to Colonel Mohammad Aleid, Kuwait Naval Force.The change of command ceremony was overseen by Vice Admiral John W Miller, Commander Combined Maritime Forces.Vice Admiral Miller highlighted the achievements of CTF 152 during the tenure of the Royal Saudi Navy in its task of maintaining Maritime Security Operations in the Arabian Gulf. He said:Under Captain Al-Enazi Task Force 152 has integrated the strengths of more than two dozen countries to counter terrorism; thwart illegal maritime practices, and defeat destabilizing activity in the Arabian Gulf, improving overall security and stability and enhancing regional national capability.[mappress mapid=”16842″]Image: CMF View post tag: CTF-152center_img Authorities Kuwait Takes the Helm of CTF 152 View post tag: middle east September 4, 2015 View post tag: Navallast_img read more

Watch It: Marines Channel Their Inner John Travolta

first_imgThis tank could be could be systematic, hydromatic, ultramatic! Swedish marines stationed in Afghanistan appear to have formed their own glee club. The military men go all out in this “Greased Lightning” parody. Men in uniform dancing? Check. Fabulous lip-synching? Check. Military equipment like you’ve never imagined it being used before? Check. Boys, you are supreme, the chicks’ll cream. Watch below to see the latest viral sensation, and let’s hope they’ll be back for more. Wonder if they’ve heard of a little show called The Full Monty… View Commentslast_img read more

Swedens Saab undecided on whether to bid on Canadas fighterjet contract

first_imgOTTAWA — Swedish fighter-jet maker Saab says it has not decided whether it will participate in the $19-billion competition to replace Canada’s aging fleet of CF-18s.Saab’s Gripen fighter is the only non-U.S. plane still in possible contention after fellow European firm Airbus Defence and Space pulled its Eurofighter Typhoon from the race last week.Airbus blamed the cost that non-North American companies must bear to ensure their planes meet a specific security requirement, which French firm Dassault had also cited when it withdrew its Rafale fighter from the competition last year.Airbus also took issue with the Canadian government’s decision to ease a policy that required bidders to legally commit to investing in Canada following a U.S. complaint that the policy violated Canada’s agreement as a partner in developing the F-35 stealth fighter.Saab Canada president Simon Carroll tells The Canadian Press his company is very interested in entering the Gripen into the Canadian fighter-jet competition but is still reviewing the security requirement, among others, before making a decision.Boeing’s Super Hornet and Lockheed Martin’s F-35 are the other two fighters beside the Gripen still in contention in the high-stakes competition, which officially kicked off in July.The Canadian Presslast_img read more